Update, November 1: Hello there, friends! With now only one month to go in 2010, I’m very happy to say that aside from books I read for my book club, I did manage to read only Canadian-authored books this year! On a less happy note, I’ve also managed to only read a small number of books this year due to the combined forces of writing my own book and working full-time on a strenuous mayoral campaign. I’ve still documented all of the Canadian books I’ve read below, and I will continue to read Canadian for the remainder of this year, and hopefully post a few more reviews. Perhaps I’ll try a different challenge next year, or perhaps I’ll make the Canadiana Reading Challenge span 2010 and 2011!
All reviews and commentary-related to my Canadiana Reading Challenge 2010 will be posted on the blog’s main feed, which you can subscribe to here. All of that content will also be archived on this page, along with a continually updated list of what I’ve read so far. For details on the challenge, read my original post here. I’ll also post links to what I’m currently reading below (and what I plan on reading next, subject to change based on my mood and my library hold list), so feel free to read along and discuss with me!
Authors and publishing houses: Want me to review your Canadian books? E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange to send me a copy!
Canadiana Reading Challenge 2010 list (links to reviews where applicable)
1. Lemon by Cordelia Strube
2. Topsy-Turvy Town by Luc Melanson
3. All My Friends are Superheroes by Andrew Kaufman
4. Good to a Fault by Marina Endicott
5. Whale Music by Paul Quarrington
6. The Vinyl Princess by Yvonne Prinz
7. Important Artifacts and Personal Property from the Collection of Lenore Doolan and Harold Morris, Including Books, Street Fashion, and Jewelry by Leanne Shapton
8. What Boys Like and Other Stories by Amy Jones
9. Scott Pilgrim’s Finest Hour by Bryan Lee O’Malley
10. This Cake is For the Party by Sarah Selecky
11. Quarter-Life Crisis: Only the Good Die Yung by Evan Munday
12. Dear George Clooney: Please Marry My Mom by Susin Nielsen